Thursday, June 19, 2008

Golsons Visit

We were so excited to have company this week! Kristen and Phil Golson and their girls who live in Florida stopped by on their way to Wisconsin. Kristen and I worked at Northland together many years ago and have kept in touch. What fun to have their delightful family. Their twins will be 5 in August and little Erin is 3.



The girls loved the flowers as well as our neighborhood pool. They were well behaved, polite and so appreciative for everything. They so wanted to meet Essie the kitty, but as usual she was too shy to come out for so much company.

Kristen and I talked and talked. What a great friend she is! We were in each others' weddings. Although we don't see each other often, we always pick right up where we left off. Brian and Phil enjoyed getting reaquainted as well. Phil is on the music faculty at Clearwater and so he and Brian had a great time talking about dissertations and research!:) They are on a month long trip to various places for various reasons. What a wonderful encouragement and blessing they were to us. Thanks for coming, Kris & Phil!

3 comments:

sara said...

Looks like you had fun! And you are looking skinny, girl!

sara said...

Guess who showed up at our church last night- Kris and Phil! I knew I recognized her from your blog! She is very sweet. I enjoyed talking to her.

Kristen Golson said...

Okay - call me late to the party, but I couldn't find Kristy's blog!! I had it saved at one point, but couldn't find the link again. BUT I finally found it through Sara's blog which I found through Dave's music site. But for some reason when I clicked on the link that says Kristy on Sara's blog, it took me to someone named Priscilla in ND or somewhere. But HER Kristy link worked! Wow - I'm sure you really didn't need to know that. . .I have now saved both blog links and will check back regularly! It was so good to see you again Kristy, and to finally meet Sara!