Friday, April 1, 2011

November 2010

November was quite a fun-filled month packed with birthdays, schoolwork and a big production. 
I have picked 8 pictures that represent the month of November.


Brian's mom was the first to have a birthday. 
She spent the night with us because Dad Walker was on the road.  I made her a homemade strawberry cake. 
Notice the grandsons enjoyed watching her blow out the candles.




Uncle Brian and Rylie were the next to have birthdays only 3 days apart.  There is a funny story about their cakes and this picture.  They each had their own birthday party and then they had one together.  Instead of making more cake, Darla and I both brought out the cakes they already had, relit the candles and saved us extra work.  We didn't think it was any big deal and neither did they.  However, we should have turned the cakes around for the picture and kept it our little family secret.  When this picture hit Facebook we were ridiculed unmercifully with demands for an explanation of the pitiful looking cakes ... fun times!

This picture is one of our cozy little house where we retreated each fall evening after long days at work.  I love how the leaves on the tree turned such beautiful fall colors.  The view all around the house was gorgeous during this season.



Then there was Berean's fall production that was so much work and so much fun!  We did a mystery comedy this year entitled ... "It Was a Dark and Stormy Night"
It was a crazy story and the cast did a fabulous job.



I was especially thrilled to have my wonderful
parents in town for opening night. 
Needless to say, they loved the play
and my students loved getting to know them better.



Mom and Pop presented me with a lovely bouquet of roses on the evening they attended and my cast gave me more roses the next night.  Essie just couldn't resist checking out the beautiful flowers and even cooperated by allowing me to take her picture.  I believe she is also sitting on my papers and gradebook which I tried to keep up with late at night when I wasn't at rehearsals or performances.



This is another wonderful memory of November ... one of my former drama students, Anna Vaupel, came to my final play performance.  I taught Anna in both high school and college.  I am so proud of the fine teacher she has become.  She is using the drama skills she developed at Temple daily in such creative ways.  She also brought a fine young man with her for me to meet.  She whispered in my ear how well he treated her and how much he loved the Lord.  What a thrill to learn of their engagement a few weeks later. 
I'm so thrilled that Anna waited for God's best as I told her many times to do.  


This picture makes me laugh because this is how I found my desk at school one morning.  This is "The General" who appeared several times in our play and the students have had fun making him mobile at school.  I always am laughing and have had fun reflecting over wonderful memories made during November.  Of course, then it was time for Thanksgiving.  We stayed in Chattanooga and ate lots of turkey.  I rested, recupped and started decorating for Christmas.  I will show you the result in the next post ...

Stay tuned for:
December 2010

1 comment:

Connie Carlson said...

Hooray, you're back! What a thrill it was to be at yur play! It was absolutely WONDERFUL! Love, Mom