Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Blowing Rock, North Carolina

After we left Rocky Mount, we spent a few days in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. We had stayed overnight last year and realized we should have planned for more time. My parents had been several times and told us we would really like it. I was especially excited when we arrived and saw there was snow!! Brian wasn't as thrilled. We stayed in a quaint little lodge. When we pulled up Brian kindly began to question what kind of a place it was. Everything looked smaller than it had on the internet. Imagine that! But once we got settled in we both began to appreciate the authentic cozy atmosphere of our lodgings, the town and the opportunity to relax.

Yeah!! I was able to have a little snow for the (after)holiday celebration!! Here I am in my favorite pink sweatsuit and fuzzy scarf that I wear all of the time!! Love it! This was the view from our "little cabin in the woods."


And here is a picture of our "little cabin in the woods." Yes, this was about the extent of the room. Wow! It was very small, but very cozy!

1 comment:

gailsgarden said...

I am enjoying this, Kristy! The cabin does look cosy! It was very cold when we were in Blowing Rock last year after Christmas. It is a neat place. I love the drive up. I wondered if there was a church needing a pastor in the area! :)
It was GREAT to see all of you. Let's do it again!
Love you, Aunt Gail