Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Celebrating with the Carlsons

We went to my parents' house in Rocky Mount for New Year's and had our Christmas celebration a few days late. I have quite a few pictures from our trip, so I thought I would post them in increments. Then I can give more details about our wonderful time with our family. What fun it was to see Kirk. The "kids" have a tradition of opening our stocking gifts after everything else, so here we were about to dive into the stockings. Kirk has had a tough time in the 2 weeks since this picture was taken. He had surgery for a kidney stone followed by much pain and uncertainty in the aftermath of the surgery. Thankfully his pain has finally begun to subside and he returned to work yesterday. Praise the Lord!


Mom and I having coffee at Books-A-Million while shopping at the mall in Rocky Mount!


Pop got all decked out for the Wisconsin vs. Tennessee game on New Year's Day! What fun to have such rivalry all under one roof. The funny thing is -- I forgot who won! See, obviously it meant a lot to me!! I'll continue to post pictures and stories of our trip. When I can do it in small increments like this, it doesn't seem like such a daunting task!

1 comment:

Connie Carlson said...

What fun we had in spite of Kirk's health problems! You and Brian were such an encouragement to him! I can't believe you were able to do your blog with your very busy "back to school" schedule! (We're looking forward to your next installments!) Have a super day! Love you mucho! Mom XXOO