Tuesday, February 14, 2012

July 2011

I have been looking for quite sometime for the right artwork to put above our bed.  Finally this past summer I found these two prints that fit perfectly.


Here is my little friend who is my constant companion.  Essie is always curious about whatever I am doing.  She was especially clingy this night because I was packing for my trip to North Carolina.  I think she had an intuition that I was going to be gone for awhile.


I flew to Raleigh to enjoy a fun-filled week with my parents.  I was able to go into work with them at PosAct and even got to use an empty office to work on my online college classes.


Mom, Pop and I spent several fun-filled days on the Outer Banks.  We did many fun things including shopping.  I loved this little shop where I got a beach cover up.  They had this beautiful tame cat that was laying on the counter top.  Unbelievable! 



Of course, I had to join in the bike riding adventures on the Outer Banks.  My parents are quite the avid bikers and I have to work hard not to let them show me up.  We enjoyed biking by Kitty Hawk.  


Since my dad is a history buff any way and has really gotten into learning about the Wright Brothers, we were all overjoyed to learn more about this monument in this man's front yard.  

Wonderful coffee shop!


Happy Fourth of July!  


We also rode bikes around the outdoor theater where they do "The Lost Colony."  We have seen the production several times but I've never been able to explore and look backstage like I did on this day.   


We even got to spend time on the beach.  We had lovely weather and had such a relaxing time.

I love "camping out" with my parents.  We have come a long way from the pop-up camper we had when we were young.  I like this kind of camping so much better!


Right before I flew back home we met my cousin Sara, her children and my aunt and uncle for lunch.  Sara and Dave live in Raleigh and so it is always wonderful when we are able to spend a little time together.  

1 comment:

Connie Carlson said...

Wonderful time together! I loved to see the picture of the cat in the store we were in! Great fellowship with the Fosmarks! XXOO