Saturday, February 18, 2012

September 2011

Once I was finally feeling better I returned to several home projects that I had been working on in the summer.  I hung these drapes in the bonus room all by myself.  I was so distressed on my first attempt because I thought they were too long.  I called the lady back who I had worked with in buying them.  She said that the pole was too long and it was to be installed almost to the ceiling.  I hadn't thought of that and was definitely relieved.  My kind next door neighbor very easily cut the pole and things went much faster.  Essie is such a curious kitty.  She had to come in the room with me while I struggled to watch every detail.


I really like the pillows and small ottomans as well which now completes the room.  Essie was very willing to pose for the pictures in the bonus room:).
We had our teacher's convention in Gatlinburg this year.  These are some of my colleagues that I went out to dinner with on the first evening.  We took the trolley and we were actually late to the opening service.  We finished eating and went to the trolley stop with plenty of time to make it back to the hotel.  However, we had to wait for about 40 minutes for the trolley.  What an adventure!


It was so wonderful to have my parents at the convention as well.  Of course, we spent lots of time together when we weren't all working.  We all loved this quaint little coffee shop and visited it several times.


While shopping at the outlet malls we ran into one of my friends from high school.  Angie Willan Ashworth teaches in a Christian school in Kentucky.  It was fun to visit with her.  Both her mom and my mom taught at Calvary in Normal while we were in high school.  We said that we feel like we are walking in our mothers' shoes now that we are the teachers!:)  So thankful for this wonderful time in Gatlinburg.  Brian and I spent the night with Mom and Pop in their trailer and then headed back to Chattanooga on Saturday.

1 comment:

Connie Carlson said...

Fun time with you and Brian in Gatlinburg! I loved hearing you speak at the convention! I got all teary-eyed as I was listening to you speak and thanking God for the way he is using you for His glory. Love, Mom XXOO