Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"Seuss on the Loose" Dessert Theatre



This past weekend I went to a dessert theatre with several of my teacher friends. The play was so entertaining and creative. They took different Dr. Seuss stories and acted them out. The top picture is from "The Cat in the Hat" and the one below is from "Horton Hears a Who."


My friends David and Candice are the originators and directors of this ministry at their church. They have presented dinner and dessert theatres each summer for over 10 years. I have acted with them several summers and always have a blast when I do. Next weekend I am going again with my in-laws and Brian.



Here are my teacher friends, Patti and Janel, who went to the play with me. We had a great time together -- we laughed and laughed! Patti's mother passed away a few months ago, and she told me she hadn't laughed so hard in such a long time. That was a real blessing to me! It reminded me of Proverbs 15:13, "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine. . ."

1 comment:

sara said...

I missed this post somehow. Those Seuss sets are adorable!!!!

I also enjoyed your post on the first day of school. You did look cute!