Friday, October 5, 2007

Another Busy Week Has Passed!

We have had another outstanding week filled with activity and blessing. This week I taught and Brian worked on Monday and Tuesday. Then on Wednesday Brian, Randy Scallions and I headed to Montgomery, Alabama for the Alabama Christian Educators' Convention. What a treat to have a suite for two days at the Country Inn and Suites! Just like a little vacation with delicious meals, wonderful fellowship and, of course, a little bit of work! We just love going to conventions, seeing old friends and meeting so many new friends. What a privilege to be in Christian work laboring with godly men and women who have such a passion for Christian education!

We made it home tonight in good time and have already unpacked. Essie (our cat) was glad to have us home. She has been by herself quite a bit the last few weeks. Grandpa and Grandma Walker visited her yesterday and they said she was glad to see them!:)

Tomorrow morning (Saturday) I get to report for duty at school for a teacher workday!! Yeah! We are preparing for an accreditation visit which is only two weeks away. We have a fantastic principal who has everything in order and wants our school to be squeaky clean! I don't mind going. This means that we will have Good Friday off as well.

My parents have had quite the adventures this week as well. Last Saturday they attended the Wisconsin Badgers football game in Madison with my brothers and sister-in-law. They also visited the Tackeberrys and Turbetts in Rockford. Then they were in Aurora, Illinois on Thursday for the ACSI teacher's convention and saw many of our friends from Calvary Baptist in Normal. I love to get the report from them about the people they have seen. They are having a great time and are now heading to Pittsburg, Pennsylvania for next week's convention.

Anyway, that is the weekly update from the Walker's!! Hope you are doing well!! Have an enjoyable weekend! We love the posts from family and friends! Keep them coming!

2 comments:

Connie Carlson said...

Hi, Sweetie! I finally got an internet connection here at the convention center in Pittsburg! What fun to log into your site and read your fun posts! Have a super day! Love you mucho, Mom XXOO

Charity said...

Hi! My name is Charity Boehm and I just found your blog through my cousin Michelle (Sturgill) Beard. I was at the tacs convention (with South Haven) a few weeks ago and I went to your storytelling class (what fun)! I am also from Rockford and I used to attend church with the Turbetts and work with Cari Tackeberry. It is such a small world. Well, I will be checking your blog frequently now that I know that it is here.