Tuesday, October 30, 2007

We are alive and well!

While all of my friends and family members have been busy blogging and enjoying communicating with each other, I have had my nose buried in books! We have been living life in the fast lane--quick dinners, late nights, early mornings, and stops at Starbucks to breathe. We love it! However, there comes a point that a slowing of the pace is necessary. Tonight has been such a night. I have cleaned out my email, checked on all of my Facebook friends and am now updating my blogging friends of Walker World happenings.

At school last week we were blessed with a visit from an accreditation team of seven members led by my wonderful father-in-law. What a great experience! I was reminded how necessary goals and objectives, organization and a well-run school is. They left no stone unturned. I had observers in my room for two days. Wow! No pressure! I always love an audience, but when I saw them in the back going through my gradebook, lesson plan book, and every other document I had to submit, I was so thankful for my excellent training at MBBC.

Anyway, the accreditation visit went well and we received a high rating. It took the rest of the week to recover and come back down to earth. Last weekend we crashed after our whirlwind month of activity. Although the remainder of the fall will continue to be busy, the bulk of the really busy days are over (we hope!).

One really exciting tidbit of news is that my homeroom class sold their quota for the school fundraiser to win several prizes including $100 for their teacher! I'm going to use the money to purchase a new digital camera. Sooo, we may be able to post more pictures of events, family, friends, etc. very soon. Thanks for all of the comments and concern. We'll try to keep our updates more current.

P.S. Check out my parents' blog they have posted lots of pictures of their recent trip!!

2 comments:

gailsgarden said...

Thank you for your visit to my blog, Kristy. We do have a great heritage. One thing I neglected to say that I had a very happy childhood!

I'm going to Sara's tomorrow! We are planning to meet up with your Pop and Mom. How about coming too?
It is fun to meet this way, but in person would be even better.
Love you!

sara said...

OH a new camera!!!! Can't wait to see some pictures!

I would have STRESSED out with people observing and looking through the classroom! Even if there is nothing to hide - they still make me nervous. I remember when Dave's Mom was at our school (Dave and I weren't even together) and she sat in on my reading class one day- I was a nervous wreck! At least we can laugh about it now!