Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I have a new camera!!

Well, I am back for real now. Although things have calmed down the last few weeks, I knew I was getting my camera soon and wanted to wait to get up and publishing again with pictures to illustrate! Sunday Best Buy had a fantastic deal on just the camera I wanted. I dropped everything, drove to the store and bought my camera. Now I'm in business. I am updating my some of my house pictures and will have pictures of Thanksgiving this weekend. My parents are coming on Friday!! They have been in Dallas all week, and it was too much for my mom with her back problems to drive straight through. We are excited to see them on
Friday!!

Here are some pictures from the spring that were stuck on my memory card when I dropped my camera at AACS Nationals at Bob Jones. I guess if there is a time to drop the camera and a break it, it should not be after the first time you win first place!! But, alas, that is what happened!! I'll try to comment about the pictures. Here they are:

Leimu and Kimberly won first place in duet acting and performed "Peter Pan" in the final assembly on Thursday night. It was really a crowning moment. I participated in AACS nationals while in high school; I even won second place in dramatic interp as a senior. While I have taken numerous students throughout the years to compete, this was the first time I have had students win first place. I was so proud of the girls. They were fabulous!

My Reader's Theater group also competed at nationals with a delightful presentation entitled "Three Sideways Stories from Wayside School." They were adorable and wowed the judges and audiences all the way to the final round. I told them they reminded me of the team in "Facing the Giants." Here we were a little school from Tennessee that no one had ever heard of and they held their own and competed with the "Big Dogs." They were great as well. They came in 5th and were beaten by the team from Killian Hill coached by a good friend of mine. I didn't mind losing to such a fantastic act--Riki Tiki Tavi.

1 comment:

sara said...

Yeah- you got a camera!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving dear cousin :)