Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!


We started our day at Krispy Kreme!! This was Brian's idea. They have delicious hot doughnuts. I have been so faithful to my eating plan all these many months that it was fun to splurge today!! Then we took our doughnuts to Starbucks and read the paper!! Ah, the joys of having the day off!





Our friend Sheila came for lunch around noon. I cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner all by myself!! Everyone said it was really good. We had a lot more food than is shown in the picture. I made turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, seven-layer salad, rolls, coffee and Sheila brought pumpkin and apple pies. Whew!! We had lots left over!!


Then we relaxed in the living room sipping coffee and eating pumpkin pie. Finally we took a long walk and reminisced about past Thanksgivings. God has been so good to us! We have so much for which to be thankful!!





Hope you have had a good day as well!! Happy Thanksgiving from the Walkers!!

1 comment:

gailsgarden said...

Thank you for letting us join you on Thanksgiving for a few minutes! I like your new camera and the new pics of your house. Have fun with your pop and mom and say "hey" for us!