Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Decoration Additions


I love the lattern that Mom and I both got at Pottery Barn while I was in NC. We both have them on our tables!

We have had this neat shelf in the empty corner of our living room for awhile now. However, I did not have the "right stuff" to decorate it with. Finally it is beginning to come together. I will be filling it in with more "old looking books," but at least you can see how it is shaping up. I was really excited to find the cylinder lamp on the third shelf. I was trying to describe it to my parents. Now they can see what I am talking about! I wanted a lamp, but all the ones I found were to bulky and tall. This one is unique and perfect! It gives an "aura" to the corner without over powering it!


Pussy willows and a small latern adorn the bar in between the living room and kitchen! Fills up space and adds texture! I've learned alot watching all of the home improvement shows on HGTV!:)


Finally, on the hearth we have added some sea grass, sand and sea shells to a glass vase that I got at Christmas. I had it on the mantle with bright color balls. I was so excited to find a fun summer option for the vase. Plus it reminds me of the beach at the Outer Banks where we were last year at this time with my family.


2 comments:

Connie Carlson said...

I love everything! The lamp is perfect! Love you, Mom XXOO

Priscilla said...

Love your decorating accents. I'd love to come and see everything in person!