Friday, June 12, 2009

I am finally recuperating!!!


Whew! What a whirlwind the last month has been. When I returned from NC, I had to finish two weeks of school. During exam week my parents arrived in town on Memorial Day and stayed until Thursday. Although I had to go to school during the day, we had much fun in the afternoons and evenings.
The day I was done with school I drove to Nashville and stayed with my parents in their trailer until Sunday and Brian played chauffeur for his parents on a three-day trip to Dallas, Texas.

Then on Wednesday, June 3 I had an exploratory "procedure" scheduled with a doctor that specializes in women's surgery. I told him that I had some endometriosis removed 6 years ago, but thought it may be back. He said the only way to be certain was to do this procedure using laparoscopy. I didn't tell too many people about it, because I really didn't think it would be a big deal.
That morning Brian took me to the hospital and they prepared me for the procedure. The doctor came to see me and asked if I still had my appendix. When I said that I did he said he may have to remove it. That was the last conversation I remember and then I was waking up. I soon found out I had been in surgery for 3 1/2 hours. Very soon after the procedure began he realized I had extensive endometriosis which he removed along with my appendix. Thankfully the doctor sent updates to Brian and he called my parents during their long wait.
After about 10 days I am just beginning to feel better. My family (Walkers and Carlsons) have been wonderful. My parents and brothers call just about every day. My mom-in-law has cooked, cleaned, ironed and run errands for me. What a blessing she is. So that is the tale of my mysterious "surgery."
Once again I give God the glory for giving me the courage to inquire. I love the verse on the top of my "Life's a Stage" page, Psalm 31:3 "for Thou art my rock and my fortress, therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me." The doctor that did my operation specializes in the exact problem that I had, and I just "happened" to find him--I don't think so. Thank you, Lord.



2 comments:

Connie Carlson said...

You're looking good, Sweetie! I love yur necklace & earrings! Love you much, Mom XXOO

gailsgarden said...

I didn't know a thing about your surgery, Kristy. We have been at the farm for the whole month of June and totally out of the loop. I am so glad that you are doing better and that everyone has been taking such good care of you.
We love you!
Uncle Paul and Aunt Gail