Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fun Times in NC

Well, I have been in North Carolina for a week now. I have looked forward to this trip all summer. Brian had to stay home and work, but he was very supportive of me spending this time with my family. I like this picture of my dad because he has had a rough couple of weeks. He had surgery on July 15 to remove a tumor from his bladder. All went well until it was discovered through much pain that he was experiencing that he had a perforation in his bladder. When I arrived last Tuesday he was still pretty weak. It has been encouraging to see him gain his strength throughout the week and even be able to get out for the morning service on Sunday. He wore his Father's Day tie that Brian picked out especially for him.

Another highlight was that Kirk was here when I arrived. When I found out he was spending his vacation in NC, I scheduled my trip to overlap with his. He arrived the day Pop had his surgery and was such a help through the whole ordeal. I'm glad he was here because he has more experience with medical matters than me. We had fun relaxing and fellowshipping for a few days with him.


Kirk and Mom were the action team for Pop's medical care. Mom came to get me at the airport and Kirk stayed with the patient at home.

On Wednesday we had a lovely family dinner and I made the infamous stromboli as requested by everyone. I found out many family and friends love that dish as well. My cousin Sara made it the same night we did! More pictures and adventures to follow. . .


4 comments:

Connie Carlson said...

It's been wonderful having you here, Dear Daughter! You and Kirk have brought such joy and encouragement! I'm glad you are getting so much school work done with us here at Positive Action! It's fun having you right across the hall from my office! Love, Mom XXOO

wmmahaney said...

I love reading your blog. It is great to see how you and your family are. Miss seeing you guys.
By the way, I make the Stromboli that you showed me how to make, and everyone always loves it. :-)

tacky said...

Love to you all! We have prayed for Uncle Gerry's recovery. It helps to have family around...to fuss over you and talk with you! Glad you could be together!

Grompy said...

Glad you enjoyed the Mabel's Maple. Wish we could have joined you on the deck for breakfast. Aunt Cheryl