Friday, July 9, 2010

Wonderful Summer Days

Time to update the blog. I have been enjoying these summer weeks so much. Of course, it always takes a little time to recover from the incredibly busy school year. Then Brian and I took a vacation to Savannah, Georgia and spent some time on Tybee Island as well. What a refreshing time of rest and relaxation. Over the last few weeks I've enjoyed working on projects at home--mostly cleaning, cleaning out and organizing.

Brian has also taken several Fridays off and so we have enjoyed vacationing around Chattanooga. His sister Cindy and family have been here from Texas. We had a big cookout at our house last week and celebrate the 4th by going to the fireworks downtown.

I will leave on the 20th for North Carolina to spend time with my family. Kirk will be visiting at that time as well. We always have a great time together.

Inservice will begin at Berean on August 4. This will be the first year we have a fall break. Although I'm looking forward to a break in the midst of a busy fall, it does require us to start earlier than we ever have. This year I'll have a full schedule teaching Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, English 11/12, Speech, Drama and Jr. High speech. Whew! It makes me tired just typing the list.

However, I love my ministry and the Lord always enables me to get it all done.
For fun I have been spending much time at our fitness center, the Rush, trying to get in better shape. Whew! It is tough, but it feels so good after making it through a tough workout. Brian and I also spend much time relaxing at our favorite coffee shops in town -- Remembrandts, Starbucks and Stone Cup. We even found a neat one in Savannah that we frequented several times a day called the Gallery Espresso. The picture of Brian relaxing in this coffee shop is very typical of him.

Next week I'll be working in our church's vacation Bible school as a team leader. I have also started teaching another quarter of my college speech class. This quarter I have 20 students which is a big group. Please pray that I'll be a shining testimony for the Lord. I shared on the first night as I was telling about myself that the most important decision I ever made was accepting Jesus Christ as my personal Savior. It is about all I can say about my faith publicly in class, however now I'm able to show them Jesus through the joy He gives me. I am so thankful for this opportunity.

Hope you are having a good summer. I'll try to post more updates now that I can take pictures with my phone!!:)
















4 comments:

gailsgarden said...

I enjoyed your up-date, Kristy. I just can't see the pics! Remember us old aunties! Have a great time in NC!

sara said...

So good to hear your update! Sounds like a great summer so far.

Connie Carlson said...

WOW! I'm impressed, Sweet Daughter! I loved reading this interesting blog entry! We're so excited that you are coming for a visit - fun, fun! Love you much, Mom

Priscilla said...

I am tired, too, just reading about all the classes that you are teaching this fall. Wow! You are amazing! I am glad to get this update on your life because I know that once school starts you won't have much time. Love you lots!