Friday, July 30, 2010

Special Visit with Sara

I added my blog address to face book because I didn't know if anyone was reading. . . besides my mom, cousins and aunts.  I received so many encouraging messages, that I have been inspired to increase my entries.  Once I return home and get back into the swing of things of school, I will make this more along the lines of teaching, acting, communication, productions... you know, all the things I love to do.  However, for a few more days I want to relish in summer fun with family and friends.


This week has continued to be relaxing.  I've come to the office with my parents for three of the five days.  I've worked on speech and drama classes.  I'm teaching junior high speech for the first time, so I'm developing all new lessons.  Should be fun!

On Tuesday my parents loaned me their car and I drove to Raleigh for a visit with my dear cousin and friend, Sara.  We had a delightful afternoon catching up, reminiscing, and laughing.  It is so wonderful that Sara and Dave live only about an hour away from my parents.  They have a lovely home and three adorable children.   We have decided that we will make this an annual event since we hadn't gotten together for three years.  I just wished I lived closer to more of my cousins.  Since I don't have sisters, my "girl cousins" are my sisters. 

2 comments:

sara said...

It was fun! Can't wait til next year :)

gailsgarden said...

I'm so glad to see that you intend to blog more. Love to hear your news and I am glad you and Sara were able to get together.