Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fall 2009 Play "Cheaper by the Dozen"


Well, here is the exhausted play director. We had a great time preparing this year's play. By presenting it in the fall we are hoping to alleviate some of the craziness during the spring (basketball season, competition, etc.). The production was fabulous! We had an excellent cast, helpful, supportive parents and pack-out audience who howled with laughter.
Some special blessings were the dad that built the set and did the lighting. . . the mom who is a professional hair dresser and did all of the girls' hair in 1920's style . . . another mom who made 4 gingham dresses. The costumes looked very "period."
I'm not allowed to post pictures of my students on the internet any more, so if you want to see a picture of the cast I can email you a copy.

These were the cast t-shirts that we ordered. We had posters, programs, tickets, etc. with the same design. I have a fabulous artist that always makes us look good with her design ideas. This one reflects the excitement and comedy of the play.



Once again, special thanks to my wonderful, supportive husband who has gotten used to my panic as well as elation during the production process. He used to say to me in the midst of it all, "Kristy, why do you do this?" I noticed he stopped asking . . . because now he knows. The struggle is so worth it! I praise the Lord for 20 years in Christian education and the many, many productions that I've shared with precious students. Many are using their communication talents to serve the Lord. And it all started by trying out for a little play. . .

No comments: