Tuesday, February 14, 2012

August 2011


A week after I returned from my wonderful trip to North Carolina, I came down with a very violent illness.  It lasted for quite sometime.  I couldn't seem to figure out what it was and couldn't seem to get over it.  It limited my ability to get much accomplished for my last weeks of summer.  Finally on August 17 (my dad's 70th birthday) I spent about 6 hours in the doctor's office and my doctor finally identified what I had contracted.  It was a condition called Cyclospora and it was basically a parasite that I had contracted from food I had eaten.


I immediately began taking the medication for the parasite and nine days later I had a violent reaction to the medicine.  I had to rush to the doctor's office and was given benedryl to combat the reaction.  Thankfully it worked and a few days later I was finally on the mend.  All in all I was sick for about 5 weeks.  While I was sick I still spoke at the TACS preschool convention.  Here are some of the preschool teachers from our school.  God gave me strength to speak and then I went back to my room and collapsed.

I also somehow got my room ready for school and even painted my classroom just days before the start of school.


God also gave me the strength to begin the school year.  I taught for about a week before the doctor discovered the cause of my illness.


This year I am the junior class sponsor.  Here is my class on the first day of school.  I have been with the same class since they were in 8th grade.  It is hard to believe they are now juniors.


It is also hard to believe that our oldest nephew Austin turned 16 in August.  I have Austin in Algebra II.  He is a fine young man and an excellent basketball player.  I am so glad that my nephews attend Berean and I get the privilege of being their teacher.

2 comments:

gailsgarden said...

It is so good to get in on what's happening in your life, Kristy!

Connie Carlson said...

God was so good to give you wonderful medical attention. His timing was perfect. I thank the Lord for Brian who took such good care of you. Love, Mom XXOO