Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

I love Labor Day Weekend! Does anyone remember when school started after Labor Day? At least school used to start later when I was in elementary school. We lived in Minnesota then. I remember going to the Minnesota State Fair all day on Monday. After riding rides, eating cotton candy and looking at the smelly animals, we returned home, took our baths and laid out our new school outfits, shoes and bookbags. I always loved my new "first day" outfit. Since I have always been a "school girl," I always loved the first day of school. Going to school represented the start of a new social year! I never wanted to miss a day of school because I might miss an important event. I still feel that way!

Although we have been in school for two weeks, I still feel like tomorrow is a new start. We have had a fantastic weekend working, resting, visiting with family and friends. Now we are ready to embark on the next 11 weeks of school/work with no breaks. During these next three months Brian and I will speak at two Christian school conventions (Tennesse and Alabama), my school will go through the rigors of an accreditation visit, and the holiday season will be in full swing when we break again for Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for life, health and the excitement of a new season.

Welcome, September!

2 comments:

sara said...

We always used to start school after Labor Day. Oh and the worst part was that we had to be in school until the END of June. Although it was just starting to get warm where I ived!! :)

WTBroke said...

Krisy,
Thank you for the wonderful memory of the State Fair in MN, and then getting ready for school the next day and the excitment about new shoue and the outfit. I was fun to go back in time for a few minutes. Thank you.