Saturday, August 25, 2007

Essie -- the Invisible Cat

Last night my nephew Maxden who just turned 8 came to spend the night. I have 6 nephews and 4 of them live in town. They come to "Aunt Kristy's and Uncle Brian's" one at a time for sleep-overs! We took Maxden to Pizza Hut and the mall to pick out a baseball hat for his birthday present. We had so much fun! Then he took a bubble bath and watched "The Polar Express."

The boys love our cat Essie. Unfortunately, Essie doesn't love them. She is such a "scaredy cat" that she usually hides the whole time they are over. Since her favorite hiding place is under our bed, I'll find the boys lying on the floor desperately begging her to come out. Sigh! I feel so bad because I want them to enjoy her. Usually later in the evening when we are telling stories before bed, she'll sneak into the room to investigate. Last night I don't think Maxden ever got to see her.

I took this picture one day when she was lying on top of my clean laundry that I was getting ready to iron. Cats definitely have a mind of their own!!

2 comments:

tacky said...

I will send my munchkins to visit you for a weekend! Sounds like fun!!! But you know...the more the merrier...you are playing it safe by having only one at a time! hee hee
Hope your week went well! Does that make two down....48000 more to go?! xo, Kari

Dramagirl said...

Kari, I would love to have your munchkins stay with "Cousins Kristy and Brian"! Send them down when you and Ted need a weekend-get-away! All is well! Thanks for the encouragement! I have found some neat pictures us in our younger days!