Saturday, July 28, 2007

God is Good!


I would like to thank the Lord for His goodness! Not just for the good things He has done for me, but also for the trials.

Last year in English class we did an entire unit studying C.S. Lewis. What an inspiring writer! Although his writing is philosophical and deep, it is also practical and understandable. After studying his life, each student chose one of Lewis' works to read followed by an oral presentation of the lessons learned. We concluded the unit by watching Shadowlands starring Anthony Hopkins as Lewis. What a rich, enlightening journey for the entire class!

We heard a preacher speak on Sunday who had gone through the great tragedy of losing his 8 month old daughter. I sat spellbound listening as the man emotionally, yet calmly shared his heart. I couldn't help but be impressed that this man knows what it means to go through the "Valley of the Shadow of Death" and is still praising God. My prayer is that through the disappointments and setbacks in my life God will continue to make me stronger and allow me to encourage others. C.S. Lewis wrote A Grief Observed in which he describes the pain of losing his wife. Through Christ there is victory!

2 comments:

sara said...

I LOVE your new blog!!! I am so excited about it. I have said to Dave many times...I wonder what Kristy and Brian are up to- and now we will know.

Thanks for the reminder about C.S.Lewis- I really want to learn more about him and his books. That movie sounds great too.

Anyway, just wanted to say that your blog looks great. LOVE the pics of your house and also your drama classes. Can't wait to hear more about your life!!!! Tell Brian we said hi.

Dramagirl said...

Sara,

Well, you have definitely inspired me! How do you change the font size and color in the text of your post? You always make your posts so colorful!

Thanks for the help and encouragement!