Sunday, August 19, 2007

Happy Birthday, Pop!

I'm a few days late, but I did get his card and gift to him on time. My dad is my hero!! In addition to being a godly, Christian father, he is very intelligent and wise. I am so thankful to have had a father who was (and is) loving, dependable, and consistent. I'm so proud of my dad and thankful that he is still with us. He had quadruple heart bypass surgery a few years ago. He is doing well and works diligently with my mom at Positive Action for Christ.

When we were little we called our dad "Papa" because he is Scandinavian and that was what the father was called. Then as we got older his title was shortened to "Pop." I know it isn't the usual title, but I'm thankful for a unique title because he is definitely special!! I love you, Pop! Happy "66th" Birthday!!

2 comments:

sara said...

Happy Birthday, Uncle Gerry!!! I didn't know your b-day was close to my Dad's either!

Hope school is going well, Kristy! I know you are busy!

Priscilla said...

I enjoyed reading your comments on your Pop. Oh course, I agree that he a special guy! I can't understand how I have a senior citizen for a brother. That means I'm close behind!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!