Friday, August 10, 2007

Summer Is Over

Today is my last day of summer vacation. Unbelievably inservice starts on Monday. I am excited! I love being a teacher! Even though the year is long, hard and challenging, summer break has a way of erasing the memories of the difficult days.

I love fresh beginnings. Having painted my classroom this summer, today I'm going to finish decorating my room. I have been praying for my students and the opportunities that lie ahead for the year. As the senior class sponsor, I will definitely be busy again this year.

Yesterday I received a message from a former student who is on deputation with her husband to go to the mission field. She thanked me for my influence on her life and her training. Her note brought tears to my eyes, not because I had done anything (trust me, sometimes I feel like a failure as a teacher). I was overcome with gratitude to the Lord for allowing me to have a small part in training young people to serve Him.

No comments: