Tuesday, August 7, 2007

HARVEY MBA 1993


As you can tell by my sidebar directing plays is my hobby. When choosing a field for my masters I wanted a degree in Dramatic Productions. However, I soon realized I wouldn't be able to earn a living directing plays, so I went with Speech Communication.
Over the years I have continued to dabble in Dramatic Productions. I would like to feature one of the many plays I have directed or participated in each Tuesday. The first play I will highlight is my first attempt at directing Harvey at Maranatha Academy in 1993. I think posting pictures of the casts will be enjoyable because those who are checking may recognize some of the cast members.

Also, if you are in contact with one of these cast members please tell them about the blog. I would love to hear from my former students. I have just found Bekah Flaming on Facebook.

Incidentally, I have now directed Harvey three times. Obviously it is one of my favorites (but I don't think I will direct it again!!) I first saw Harvey at Miller Park in Bloomington, Illinois when I was in high school. I was delighted by the production and never forgot it.

If you are unfamiliar with the story, Jimmy Stewart starred in the original movie in 1950. Although it is very humorous, I am always struck at the story's end when the importance of relationships and people prevails. I won't give away the plot, but it is delightful! Anway, here is the MBA cast of Harvey from over 14 years ago:



Cast: Floor Keith Cashner (Harvey) Bottom row (L to R) Amy Carlson, Tiffany, Angelia Jordahl, Molly Akins, Bekah Flaming, Deanna Vegter; Top row (L to R) Oz Price, Jonathon Hanneman, Paul Poppert, Luke Akins, Steve Smith, Aaron Sturgill, Miss Carlson (me:)

(I think I got everyone correct -- I'm going by memory -- of course, these are the girls' maiden names)




5 comments:

sara said...

OH my word! How funny! They all look so young.

2Icecubed said...

Hey, Kristy, it's Michelle (Anderson) Ice. I found your blog through Kari and Sara. I loved the picture of the cast. I recognized many of the people. Those were during my days at MBBC. How fun!!

The Beard Bunch said...

Kristy,
I remember seeing that play. You did a great job---with a great group of kids. They all (especially my brother) look very different :)

Dramagirl said...

Michelle,
It is amazing how these students have grown up and families of their own. Thankfully we have not aged!!:)

Jill said...

I remember that play as well! I think I was a freshman in college that year. I loved seeing these pictures!