Friday, August 24, 2007

One Week Down -- 35 More to Go!

What a great time the first week of school was! The first day was a little "bumpy" and I had to call a parent right away to remedy an "issue." However, "day two" was much better and by today the students seemed to be settling in. Since I have quite a few new students, I don't think they quite know how to take me! I find myself teaching like my mom -- it is so funny when I am saying or doing something in class and I'll think, "Ohhhh, that was so much like my mom!" Since my mom is a master teacher, I have always tried to teach like her!! Energy and compassion!

Don't worry no one has had to "drop for ten" -- yet!!

4 comments:

Tony and Darla Walker said...

kristy i love your blog and i think you should have told me about it at the very beginning.

Your cat is very cute.

sara said...

I wish I could be in your class, Mrs. Walker!!!!

Dramagirl said...

I don't know! They think I'm pretty mean right now. However, I have learned if I'm not tough at the beginning it is torture for everyone for the rest of the year!!

SturgillMom said...

Kristy, I would have loved to have you for a teacher! I am married to a teacher that likes to scare 'em silly in the beginning, too :)