Thursday, August 9, 2007

My Best Friend!




It was 12 years ago this month that I made the infamous trip to Tennesse staying with my future-in-laws after only meeting Brian once. Since my parents and Brian's parents were friends, they arranged for us to spend some time together. Thankfully the Lord was leading and guiding, and the rest is history.

Recently I found a list of characteristics about Brian that I made on the airplane flying back to Wisconsin. At the time I was trying to sort through all of my thoughts and feelings after the week was over. I thought he was:

Confident, Competent, a Leader, Decisive, Spiritual, Tender to the Lord, Humorous, a Hardworker, Reliable, Conscientious, a Servant, Close to family, Thorough, a Good planner, Organized, a Nice dresser, Classy, a Good listener, Complimentary, Athletic, Patient, a Natural Teacher, a Gentleman

Wow! What a list for a husband! I did not want to let this guy get away! God was good and Brian kept calling. I moved to Tennessee the next year. We dated for about nine months and were married the next spring. We celebrated our ten year anniversary this past March! Guess what? The list I made after one week is still true after ten years!
My mom always reminds me of the verse, "Delight thyself also in the Lord and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart." It was worth waiting 29 years to find my sweetheart!

3 comments:

SturgillMom said...

Oh, I just want to cry reading that. I well remember that first trip you made...I was SO nervous for you :) I wish that we lived closer so that we could get to know you guys as a couple.

Anonymous said...

Christy! That is so amazing. I love it. Congratulations on 10 years!

sara said...

You guys are so cute! Yes, it is very evident that the LORD wanted you together!